Spring has officially sprung and we decided that it was time for a spring makeup look. We asked our friend Tatiana who is a makeup enthusiast to teach us how to create the perfect spring look.
- Begin with a washed and moisturized face, do your eyebrows. Since this is going to be a glam look, we need the eyebrows to be glam – a bold, sharp “Instagram brow”.
- Concealing brows is MANDATORY because concealing will make the brow sharp, clean, precise, and bold.
- At this point, you will decide if you want to do your eyes or face makeup first. Keep in mind, doing eyeshadow will lead to fall out shadow landing on your face so you can decide on what to do first. I am comfortable either way so I just put my base foundation on, my eyes, then completed the rest of the face last.
- To create a base for your eyeshadow, apply a thicker coverage concealer (or eye primer) and set with loose setting powder.
- Taking a yellow shade, apply loosely on the crease as our transition color.
- Taking an orange shade, apply lower/ under the yellow.
- Taking a more concentrated orange, apply in the crease to create depth.
- Use a thick coverage concealer to conceal center of the lid.
- Once the concealer is settled and dry, pack on a pink shade, leaving a thin line in the crease.
- Take a yellow liquid eye paint and trace the line along your crease.
- Apply a winged eyeshadow and dot under the wing with a white liquid eye paint.
- Apply the yellow and orange shades to the bottom lashline.
- Curl lashes, prep with mascara to top and bottom lashes, and finally apply false lashes.
- Using chapstick as a glitter adhesive, apply a small amount into the inner corner of the eyes and apply a white glitter.
- Do face makeup as you would.
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer
- Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless
- Setting Powder: MakeupRevolution Luxury Banana Powder
- Contour/Bronzer: TooFaced Dark Chocolate Bronzer
- Highlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Dipbrow Gel in “chocolate”
- Mascara: L’oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Lips: Urban Decay Bullet lipstick in “Uptight” / Maybelline Lip Liner in “Raw Chocolate” / Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer in “Fenty Glow”
- Eye Palettes: The “Zulu” Palette by Juvia’s Place / Morphe Brushes 35O Palette
- Eye Liner: Maybelline eye studio master precise liquid eyeliner
- Glitter: MAC cosmetics
If you are as obsessed with Tatiana’s makeup skills as we are, you can find her on Instagram @hokulansz.
To be registered like Tatiana, you can do so here.